The Greatness Guide
1) I’m no guru
2) Harvey Keitel and windows of opportunity
3) Nothing fails like success
4) Be a rock star at work. Being wildly passionate about your To-Do’s. You don’t need to have the biggest title to do the best job.
5) Your days define your life.
6) Drink coffee with Gandhi
7) Get some skin in the game. Fail faster succeed sooner. The real risk lies in risk-less living. You can’t win the game that you don’t even play
8) Be into breezes
9) Make time to thing. There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
10) Leadership beings with extra mile.
11) Mick Jagger and reference points.
12) Business is relationships.
13) Life lessons from
i) Be the eternal optimist.
ii) Value people.
iii) Be an original.
iv) Laugh and have fun.
14) How to be a happier human. The things that get scheduled are the things that get done. List 10 things that fill your heart with joy.
15) Work hard get lucky.
16) Know your genius.
Focus + daily improvement + time = genius
17) Listen twice as much you speak. Never talk when you can nod.
18) Your customer buy with their heart
19) Learn to say NO.
20) Burn your boats.
21) Grow leaders fast.
22) Your four minute pride.
23) Push the envelope.
24) On obituaries and meaning of life.
You can’t hit the target you can’t even see.
25) Leadership isn’t a popularity contest.
26) What do you evangelize?
27) Under the kimono. My best practices. What are my best practices?
28) Culture is the king.
29) Your schedule doesn’t lie.
What are you doing speak so loudly that I cannot hear what you are saying.
Walk the talk.
30) Shine as a parent.
Kids grow up unbelievably fast. Blink and they are gone, living lives of their own.
i) Lead by example.
ii) Develop your children.
iii) Inspire your kinds.
iv) Tell them you can do whatever you want when you grow up.
v) Tell them to never give up.
vi) Tell them that whatever you do, do it well.
vii) And tell them that Your Dad Loves you.
31) Be a merchant of WOW.
32) Getting what you want while loving what you have.
33) Think like a CEO.
34) Act like an Athlete.
The price of discipline is always less than the pain of regret.
35) Be wildly enthusiastic.
36) Success isn’t sexy.
37) On cuddle parties and the sad state of the world.
38) The value of good.
39) Grace under pressure.
40) To be more productive, relax and have more fun.
41) The two magic words – Thank You
42) The value of dying daily. When the sun shone and the shops were invitingly open, alas, I forgot my shopping. Now the night is fallen- and I remember my shopping.
43) Client focussed v/s out for lunch.
44) Lead without title.
45) Do your part. If you think your’re small to have an impcatct, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room. Make a list of tings you don’t like about your country, organisation, life. Then do your part to improve them one by one.
46) Do your play.
47) Avoid the “Four F’s syndrome”
Better awareness, better choices.
Better choices, better results.
48) Problem reveals the genius.
49) Love your irritations.
50) Speak like a superstar. Write inventories of words you most frequently speak.
51) Learning or decaying. Never leave home without a book in your hand.
52) Simple tactics for superb relationships.
Ideas for building human connection.
i) Be the most positive person you know.
ii) Be candid and speak truthfully.
iii) Be on time.
iv) Say please and thank you.
v) Under promise and over deliver.
vi) Leave people better than you found them.
vii) Be friendly and caring.
viii) Be a world class Listener.
ix) Become passionately interested in other people.
x) Smail a lot.
53) Roack stars as poets.
54) The innovators mantra. The enemy of best is good.
55) Pleasures is happiness.
56) The $600 sandwich.
OAD – Obsessive attention to detail.
Take the personal responsibility.
57) Good business is good for business.
58) Build success structures.
59) The person who experiences most wins.
60) Brand like Diddy. I’m not a businessman. I’m a business, man.
61) Get into blessings.
62) Be wise, early rise
The space shuttle uses more fuel during the first few minutes after liftoff than it consumes during its entire trip around the globe. Building good new habits consume more efforts in the beginning.
There will be plenty of time to sleep when you are dead.
63) Whoe made success a dirty word?
64) Get great at life
i) Pay attention to life
Try to write a journal each morning. Think about the goals you need to accomplish for your to feel this day has been a success and write them down. Think of your closely held values. Learnings of the previous day.
ii) Engage in life.
iii) Enjoy life.
65) The Steve Jobs question – “What could I do if this was the last night of my life?”
66) What’s missing from your coolness.
67) No risk, no get.
68) Sell your desk.
69) Get fit to lead.
Exercise is the insurance policy I’ve taken out on my health. And each day I go into the gym, I ‘m paying the premium.
70) Extreme leadership is a kids’ clothing.
71) The seven forms of wealth
i) Inner wealth.
ii) Physical wealth.
iii) Family and social wealth.
iv) Career wealth.
v) Economic wealth.
vi) Adventure wealth.
vii) Impact wealth.
72) Aplly the U2 standard.
73) LEarn more to earn more. Become indispensable.
74) See through the eyes of understanding.
75) The heart of your house. If you don’t know where are you going, then how will you know when you get there? Can you hit a target you don’t see?
76) Become an inspirational human being.
77) Make a dent in the universe.
78) Not all leaders are the same.
79) Six reasons to set goals
80) Remember the boomerang effect.
81) Make people feel good.
82) Commit to first class. Quality is remembered long time after price is forgotten.
83) Do a clean sweep.
84) Follow the million dollar baby rule.
85) The earth is small.
86) Guests are good.
87) The beauty of time.
88) On mountains and mastering change.
i) Define what the mountaintop looks like.
ii) Start climbing.
iii) Take small steps.
89) What happened to “Please”?
Commons is anything but common.
90) Bon Jovi and the power of focus.
The person who chases two rabbits chases neither.
91) Do a “101 things to do before I die” list.
92) Spend time with your kids.
93) Get goofy at work. The company that plays together stays together.
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
94) Revere great design.
95) On Evian water and you as a big-time dreamer.
96) Be like Garth.
97) Don’t give up.
I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.
98) Get big on self care.
99) Guess who inspires me?
100) How to life forever?
Every one of us will die. But so few of us really live.
101) Lay claim to greatness.